What does it take to be an effective product designer? It’s hard to break it down into a simple list, but there are a few essentials that all good product design companies will include as part of their arsenal.
- Technology – Effective product design companies stay on the cutting edge of what technology is capable of. If you want to stay ahead of the competition, you’ve got to have the right tools at your disposal.
- Experience – The developers at StudioRed have extensive experience in product design, and bring countless of years of valuable design history to bear on your new product.
- Global Awareness – Even if your product is small-scale, good product designers think globally in order to recognize the best markets, find the best materials, and find new ways of being inspired.
- Emotional Appeal – How will people feel about the product? Accounting for consumers’ emotional resonance with the product is one StudioRed’s specialities.
- Functionality – Every good designer knows that you don’t put anything above functionality. It doesn’t matter how wildly unique a new product is if it doesn’t work properly.
- Innovation – Effective product design teams allow for creative brainstorming and great new ideas. Certain concepts may not be realistic, but they may provide the perfect spark for a whole new direction for a design process.
- Growth – Product designers know the importance of growing a company’s image through designing products that will help transform the way that they are seen publically. New designs should leave consumers and marketers excited for a company’s direction rather than demonstrating that they’ve become stagnant and repetitive.
- Sustainability – As environmental concerns become more and more important for many people, the importance of using environmentally friendly materials becomes critical. Good designs will be those that can be functional, emotionally appealing, and still environmentally conscious.